Friday, 10 August 2012

Ed Sheeran

Well, I got up at 5 in the morning and arrived at the airport at about half past nine accompanied by 5 friends. We knew that he was flying with Qantas, so we kept moving from gate to gate of any flight that was arriving from Sydney. One of the girls I went with was speaking with a fan of Ed's that lived in Sydney and was currently at Sydney airport, at first she thought he'd already left, but she wasn't certain, then about 20 minutes later she met him just before he boarded his plane, so our group figured out all the times and figured out that he would be arriving at 11.35 at gate 8. So we chilled there for about an hour, give or take. 

By the time his plane landed there was only about 15 people there, including us. So, all 15 of us Ed fans waited anxiously as everyone departed from the plane, then 7 minutes later Stuart came out, Ed less than a metre behind him! One of the girls I went with, Jess, who was the one talking to the girl in Sydney, asked for a photo with Ed and he said 'Sure, can we just move over here?' pointing to where all the seats were, so we were out of the way. I was I think the 3rd person to get a photo from him, and I asked him to sign the my copy of +, and of course he did, then he took photos with more people, signed a few more things, then I asked him to sign the back of my jacket, which I had sewn a paw print (the same as his logo) onto the back of it, and then asked for a hug. And can I just say, his hug was the best hug I've ever gotten. Then he took more photos, signed more things, gave more people hugs, then Stuart (His manager) said he needed to go and collect his luggage.

So we left him to go through the airport, and a few people were like 'Are we following him?' mind you, I was already tailing him, recording. Then everyone else caught up, and we were all having this really great conversation with him, and it wasn't even about him! 

Then, just before he went down the escalator to baggage collection I asked him to sign the back of my iPod, so he did. When we were walking through the airport, any person that asked for a signature or photo or hug got one and he genuinely is the sweetest man on earth! So then we all had a break down, not realising that Ed was only about 20 metres away, we thought he'd already gotten in the car. We didn't want to stalk him to his hotel, so we decided we'd call that a day and just go chill in the city until the concert, which we did.

If you want more on the concert, let me know, I have a pretty exciting story for that too!

So, I got up at about 5.30 this time, with the intentions of going to the airport alone, which I did. The night before I looked at all the possible flights he could catch and said he'd get either the 10.10 or 12.10. When I got to the airport, my first thought was to just hang around the check ins and security check, but stupidly I went to the gate of a 9.30 plane to Adelaide. I chilled there for about 20 minutes, then made my way to gate 10 for the 10.10 flight. Which I really, really believed he'd get. Walking through the airport I saw one of the guys I was stalking with the day prior, Anthony and he said for me to spend the rest of the day with him, and he'd already met him again, then walking up to gate 10 we saw Ed! AGAIN!

It was extremely brief but I really don't care!

I didn't get a photo with him, but I got a really crappy short video, but I saw him and said 'Hi, I was at the concert last night, I threw up the bouquet of roses and the note fell off, so I wrote a new one and here, please, please read it!' and I passed him the note. And he responded with 'Thanks so much, yes I'll read it.'

I'm not too sure if he read it, but I met Ed Sheeran twice in two days. 

Fair to say that Friday the 3rd of August 2012 was the best day of my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment