Thursday 9 August 2012

Demi Lovato



I woke up on the Monday (April 2nd) & put on the TV because DEMI WAS ON DAYBREAK! I was absolutely freaking out already as I was so excited! It didn't matter what I did, I couldn't quite believe that in 24 hours I could potentially be getting my wristband to meet Demi! I watched Demi on Daybreak & then they showed the commercial for 'Unbroken'... By this point I was absolutely uncontrollable - I was running round the house in excitement! Haha! I finished getting ready and then started my journey. While I was on the train, I was talking to a couple of girls over text who I was meeting down there & they told me that people had already started queuing - I was so worried because I knew that I couldn't do anything to get there any quicker... That was the longest train journey of my whole life - lol! By the time I got to London it was around 12 lunchtime so I got on the tube and almost ran through the stations to get to Oxford Street. By the time I got to HMV there were a few people there... I went to the back of the queue and started talking to the people that were in front of me - I was there by myself so they made me feel really welcome... I got talking to a guy called Matt... He was the nicest guy ever & he'd been on some amazing Demi adventures so I loved hearing all these =D I wasn't quite sure where Lucy & Rachael were (the 2 girls I was supposed to be meeting) so I just stayed there... About 20 minutes later, security came outside & said they were going to give out tickets - we were all freaking out - like, we had no idea what was going on... They came along the queue and gave us all little numbered tickets... I was number 28! OMG! I was guaranteed a wristband! I WAS GOING IN TO THE MEET & GREET!!!!! I was going to MEET DEMI!!! I rung Lucy to tell her she needed to get a ticket but she was at a hotel where Demi was doing a press conference that afternoon - that was it, I was leaving to go to the hotel! I knew I had to make the most of every opportunity - I waited for Lucy & Rachael to come and get their tickets & then we all went back to the hotel together... We got there & waited round the back - there were maybe 30-40 people there & quite a few people that I know... I tend to meet up with the same people when I go on London trips... I was stood there talking & then suddenly we saw Demi's 2 cars drive past... They went round the corner so we followed them - they went round to the front entrance of the hotel - I started having an asthma attack so had to stop running... By the time I had got round there, security were stood at either end of the driveway to the front door to stop people from running down it - I ran round in front of the railings that were in front of the hotel to see if I could catch a glimpse... One of my London friends Alice was there, right by the front door & I could see her mum... I shouted to her mum Donna and was like "What's happening?". All she did was point - OMG! Demi was out of the car & was stood right there... I couldn't see her & I had a railing between me & her - I knew I had to do something - I RAN! As quick as I could, back round to the entrance of the driveway and while the 1 security guy was trying to stop me running down there, I didn't care - I legged it! OMG! All I kept thinking was to keep running - I was running for Demi! Demi was right there! The first thing I saw was her hair - OMG! She has the most incredible & beautiful hair I have EVER seen in my whole life! There were a few people between me & Demi and she had her back to me - I just wanted to touch her... It wasn't until then that it would seem real! Demi then turned around & I shouted her name... She smiled directly at me! I couldn't believe it! I then saw Alice got a picture & my friend Rachael appeared from the other side of Demi... OMG! Demi was posing with her to have her picture taken too... Rachael held her camera out for someone to take the picture, so I took the camera... I was shaking more than I think I ever have before! So much so, that instead of taking the picture, I turned the camera off! I said I was sorry & gave the camera back to Rachael to sort out - I stood there feeling like an idiot... All I could say was "oh my god, I'm so sorry Demi" but she told me it was fine =D OMG! I spoke to her! She spoke to me! Then I asked if I could have a picture afterwards & she said "sure". I took Rachael's camera back and took the picture - Demi then came over and stood next to me for my picture... I put my arm around her & felt her hair - OMG! The most amazingly soft hair I've ever felt before... Lol! I held out my camera for someone to take my picture but everyone was freaking out and ignored me so I decided I had to take it myself... I held the camera out in front of us and hoped for the best... Demi stood there while I checked it came out right... It came out perfect! (see my twitter icon). I then asked if I could have a hug... Not going to lie, she smelled amazing! Like of mango or something very similar =D she then went inside the hotel to start the press conference. I walked away and all I could do was smile, bigger than I'd ever smiled before I think =D was that real? Did I just talk to, hug, touch, and have a picture with Demi Lovato?!?!???!?!? By this point, security were mad & were telling us that if we didn't move, then they would call the police so we ran out of the driveway... I met Alice at the end and carried on freaking out... She then told me she got a photo of me getting my picture with Demi & I love it! <3 (http://twitpic.com/aha0lq)

We then headed back to HMV where another 20+ people had turned up - I knew we couldn't leave anymore or we would lose our place in the queue... I had a hotel booked for that night but decided in order to keep my space, I would have to camp out... We left to go and get some dinner & then came straight back - in the time we were gone, people had started to set up tents... I went and bought a sleeping bag and started setting up to camp... I ended up camping with Lucy & Rachael as well as Matt that I'd met earlier in the day... It was awesome! We laid there and watched Sonny With A Chance & listened to music & just had a really good time - by 8pm the night before the signing, the first 300 tickets had gone... That meant that the 300 wristbands were gone - that was it! Later that night, we ordered pizzas and had a proper camp out - a girl called Parisa took her guitar and we were all having a sing along... Later on, we all sung Skyscraper & it was recorded... Parisa then tweeted it to Demi & she tweeted about it afterwards saying how much she has 'amazing English fans' (https://twitter.com/ddlovato/status/187423392012582912) <3 I'm in the video a few times so I can't really believe Demi saw it =D after this, we were all sat there freezing, and then this man turned up... He was from the local church & brought hot drinks for everyone! Hot chocolate, tea, coffee... It was amazing! He just stood there and gave them out =D I decided after I'd had a hot chocolate that I should maybe try and get some sleep as it was about 3am by this point - I managed to get about 2-3 hours sleep so I didn't feel great, but security got everyone up at around 7am & told them all to put their tents away so they could sort the queue out... They put us all in number order and then we just waited... They finally let us in to get our wristbands at 8.30... I went in and got the wristband & bought another copy of Unbroken as mine had got creased/ruined over night - OMG!!!!! I had the wristband... It was attached to me & it wasn't coming off! I was going in to MEET DEMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They made us leave as soon as we had got our wristbands so I went back to the hotel with 2 girls I'd met at the camp out, Chelsea & Jess... We felt disgusting so went back & got showered & changed... We then headed back out in search of Demi once again. We went to her hotel and waited for her to leave - we waited there maybe 4 hours before deciding we had better go back to HMV & queue again to get in for the actual signing... Demi snuck out of the hotel anyway after we left... She left in a London black cab as she went and did some sightseeing around London =D we waited outside HMV again for what seemed like forever, then about 4 o'clock, they started putting us in number order again to start letting us in... They finally opened the doors to let us in at 4.30pm... OMG! This was it - this is now when it started to seem real... Once inside, they had Unbroken playing so it was an incredible atmosphere because again, everyone was singing along =]] Security got all 300 in & then finished setting up... Although it was supposed to start at 5, Demi didn't appear until almost 5.30pm. She walked out of the door and I swear every heart in that room completely melted... She looked incredible! Like, words couldn't even describe!! I swear I was hyperventilating... All I was thinking was to not make myself look like an idiot - she stood and took some promo shots holding the album and then took her seat for the signing... The first people then started to go up - it was really fast... Before I knew it, I was almost at the front of the queue - as I got closer to the table I was trying to think about what I wanted to say... It was my time! I went and stood in front of Demi & handed her the CD for it to be signed... I asked if she could put my name, but security said "no personalisations" so I asked if she could sign my phone and they said one autograph only - I felt like I wanted to shout at security... They were taking up talk time with my Demi, like SHUT UP!!! Haha! She then said sorry and gave me a huge smile! =D I then gave her the scrapbook

Me: "I made this for you Demi... It's a scrapbook with some things in it also from UK Lovatics that couldn't be here today" 
Demi: "Aw that's so sweet, thank you so much!"
Me: "Please read it... You've saved me & there's some really meaningful things in there that I would love for you to see"
Demi: "I will read it, I promise!"

I then showed her my tattoo & said "I also have your heart tattooed on my wrist" to which, Demi replied "that's awesome!" 
She then slid the signed CD cover towards me for me to take so I went to pick it up and as I did, I said "I love you Demi" & she put her hand on mine <3333

I managed to keep my cool while I was at the table with her, but as soon as I walked away, I broke down in tears... Demi looked over and smiled as she was waiting for the next person to come to the table, then security made me move so I couldn't stand there anymore =[[ lol! I promise, no word of a lie, I cried for about the next hour =D it was really funny - so many people were coming out of the store crying, and the public had no idea why... They were making so many comments =]] I then decided I would go to get hotel one last time because I had a few hours until my train left... I went to her hotel and there were maybe 20 people there - we waited for about an hour and then it REALLY started raining hard! Like, so hard that it hurt if it got your face... We managed to get up in front of the hotel entrance under shelter although staff weren't happy about this... They did let us stay though because of the weather. I waited about another 2 hours but she hadn't come back and I had to leave so I didn't miss my train... I swapped numbers with Matt and a couple of the girls there and then left to go catch my train home - I had no signal on my phone on the tube but when I got to Liverpool Street station to get my train, I got a text from Matt saying that she had got back about 10 minutes after I left and she'd stopped and taken pictures with every single person... Like, I was so mad at myself! Haha! I mean, I met her TWICE & I did get a picture but just the fact that I could have just one more time, it killed me... I would rather not have known =[[ lol! Anyway, then I got on my train home, and I actually CRIED! 

Either way, I feel so blessed that I got to meet my idol and the girl who has saved me - even to this moment, I can't actually believe that this happened! April 2nd & 3rd 2012 will FOREVER be the most amazing experience... THE BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE! <3 

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like what actually happened was a pretty stock remark from a nonplussed celebrity. Do you not think that your obsession over this individual is damaging? What does it say about your own life that this is a highlight? Go out and make the highlights on your own terms, don't just follow behind the already successful. Surely that's a waste of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing history! I love it! You deserve meet Demi 23423423 times and more!! I hope one day I meet my idols (Miley, JillianJ, Demi and Justin)! You gave forces to believe in my dream, you, explaining your history makes me want to believe more in my dreams! I want them to be true!! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us! I cried! It's amazing <3 I love you!! (@smilieberworld on twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is my story... I do make my own highlights, but to be able to literally stand in front of someone who has quite literally saved my life? That's something that means the world to ME & you're of course allowed an opinion but please don't say it was a waste of time... What about people who support football teams & go to all the games? Is that a waste of time? No, because it's giving them joy & is their hobby - that's what this is for me... Please respect that <3 besides, is making myself happy a waste of time? If so, we livein a messed up world <3

    ReplyDelete