Tuesday, 19 June 2012

One Direction

When I found out One Direction was staying at a hotel near where I live in New York City, I was so happy because I really wanted to meet my favorite boy band. As soon as the weekend rolled around, my cousin and I took the train to 59th street and walked our way to the boy’s hotel.  I arrived in front of the boy’s hotel at about 9:00 in the morning, so there weren’t that many girls waiting in the front of the hotel, there were only about 10 girls, but there were about 20 girls waiting outside the back of the hotel. When my cousin and I arrived in the front of the hotel, we were greeted by these groups of girls who stayed over night and slept on the streets in front of the hotel and shared there stories of when they got a glimpse of the boy’s last night. We were discussing weather or not we should be waiting for the boys because they could come through either the main entrance or the back entrance so we decided to go wait outside the back entrance since that’s where the boys mostly exit out of the hotel. 

It had been about three hours, and there was still no news on the boys coming out or not. I was just patiently waiting behind outside the hotel when I see Fizzy (Louis Tomlinson’s little sister) come out and talk to some fans next to me. There were a lot of girls asking for stuff from the boys and so I decided to ignore Fizzy because I really didn’t want to look like I was using her, cause I felt like the other girls were.  Fizzy came down because the fans she was talking to were chanting ‘disappointed’ because they felt the boys were being selfish by not coming out and at least saying hi to us fans who have been waiting outside the hotel for such a long time. So she came to sort of tame the angry fans by saying how busy they were upstairs and apologizing to them because she felt sorry for the fans. Although I didn’t complain, I just really wanted the boys to come out already. 

After about 6 hours of waiting patiently outside of the hotel in 90 degree weather, and employee came out and told us that the boys were leaving the building through the front (main entrance), so there was a whole mob of girls running to the front of the building. Thankfully I run track so I was one of the first girls in the front of the building so that when the boys came out I had a good glimpse of them. It had been about an hour, and there were now about 100 girls when the security guards finally came out and started bringing the boys out. I was totally speechless the boys were absolutely beautiful in everyway. I recorded every moment of me meeting them and I tried to keep the camera still, because I was shaking so much. The boys turned to both sides of the crowd so both sides could take pictures of the boys. After about 5 minutes, the boys headed there way to the tour bus and said their goodbyes to us fans. 

It was one of the most special days of my life. It look me about 6-7 hours and I was sweating like crazy from the weather, but in the end it was all worth it.

By: Aphrodite D.

No comments:

Post a Comment